In my mind, I tend to focus on the negative and while contemplating my next post I thought of at least 3 things I wanted to gripe about. But really, my life is pretty good, so there's got to be something to blog about that makes me happy right? And yes, there is: my new vegetable garden! Well, to look at it right now, it just looks like a pile of dirt, but in my mind's eye, I see little seedlings in a few weeks and eventually plants that will grow yummy veggies I can try to talk my children into eating!
I'd love to say my vegetable patch came about due to my own hardwork and sweat, but at 6 months prego and counting, just watching someone else do the work makes me tired. So, my awesome dad came over yesterday and helped me borrow Amy's cultivator (thanks Amy!!!) and he tilled the pile of dead grass and weeds ect. into something that would sustain veggie life. I added manure and topsoil, but that was basically my only contribution. After lots of tilling, Dad then proceeded to patiently plant seed after seed until my patch was two-thirds planted. If I would have attempted all this, instead of taking 2 hours, it would have taken me like 3 days so yeah, I have the best Dad ever! He also brought me over some tomato plants. With some water and some prayers, hopefully I can take it from here.
14 years ago


3 comments:
hahaha, I TOTALLY thought it was an ant graveyard!:)
At least you made an effort I didn't even bother when I was prego in the summer! Good luck! We are using all our hope that ours will turn out, too! :)
it would have been a pill bug graveyard LOL dad is awesome--we'll share some of dad's veggies w/ you too this summer!! dad's got quite a garden going in our yard too :)
Post a Comment