I have a favorite brand of toilet paper and it is Cottonelle. I love the stuff, it just does a butt good, ya know? Lately, however, it has not been on sale. It's expensive, so I only buy it when there's a good sale. 2 for $17 (two 12=24 sets of rolls): not a good deal. Anyways, I've had to turn to other brands the last couple of times I've had to buy toilet paper. In the early days of our marriage, I did buy whatever toilet paper was the cheapest, but I just can't stand to do that anymore. If you've got 5 oto 6 squares in your hand and it's shredding half way through, not a good sign (and when you are a Mom, you need something you can wipe with FAST so it's got to be somewhat durable). At any rate, I knew I couldn't go back to el cheapo when it came to my wiping needs. So, I've watched for sales on other brand names. Which led me to an important life lesson: check your ply before you buy! I don't like buying toilet paper every week, when I buy it I want it to last me a month or two, so I look for a nice big package with big rolls. Well, recently, Quilted Northern was on sale. Not really paying attention to the writing on the package, I just looked at the size of the rolls, which were roughly the size of my head and thought, I won't have to change one of those suckas for a week! Yahoo!
So, I buy the stuff, take it home and when I go to use it have a bit of a shock: the sheets are thicker than most washcloths. Seriously, the hugeness of the roll evidently wasn't based on quantity, but "quality" I guess. So, I grab the package thinking to find out what exactly is this stuff? Or, as Steve eloquently put it "It's like I'm wiping my butt with silk, it's like toilet paper for rich people." I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it took a whole forest to create one roll. Anyways, I read the front and it says "3 ply!" and sure enough, I can peel 3 layers off that thing.
I don't like cheap toilet paper, but I don't like super fancy toilet paper either. This stuff is just too much for my needs. Yet, if you really want that ultimate wiping experience, I guess you can stop by my house for a potty break in the next week or two, I'd be happy to share. And maybe too we can discuss what the heck are "Plush-Quilts" exactly anyways??
4 comments:
Wow, you guys are fancy! I am stopping by for my next potty break!
Ok, this is just too funny! Thanks for the great morning laugh. With TP that provides that kind of an experience it might just be worth the trip up to UT. Or I suppose I could stop by Wal-Mart, but then I wouldn't get to see YOU.
Haha! That was a funny post! I buy the Kirkland Signature brand of TP from Costco once a year.
that's it! i'm coming over just to use your potty!
Post a Comment