Our saving grace came when my Dad found a website of a dealership he liked by the name of Henry Clay Motors. We decided to check it out. And pretty much bought the first van we test drove because we liked the price, the non-oiliness of the sales guy and the general vibe of the place. Also, right after we showed up, a bunch of other families came by looking for minivans and we certainly wanted the one minivan out of the 4 there with built in carseats! Plus, from start to finish, the whole buying process took about an hour and a half. Can't beat that!
So I was happy we had a great buying experience and I totally recommend anyone looking for a car to check out Henry Clay Motors. It was started by 2 brothers who both bought used cars a few years ago at the same time and who both had a horrible experience with it. They figured, why does it have to be that way? We can do better than this! So, after working out the details over a few years, they started their own dealership. One brother has a master's degree in accounting so he does all the loans and stuff, and the other brother is a mechanical engineer and he pretty much does everything else. The brother we worked with at the dealership was the mechanical engineer and he said the place had been open about a year and he only just quit his mechanical engineering job to run the dealership full time. But he wants people to have a positive enough experience there that they'll tell their friends and their business will grow by word of mouth. I liked their story, so there's your free advertising guys!
With my 2007 Dodge Caravan and my third child on the way and a haircut I got a little while ago, I feel like my transformation into the typical Utah Mom is complete! And I know a lot of people have bad childhood memories of their family minivan, but with it only being my sister and I growing up, we never had a minivan. So, no such stigma is attached to a minivan for me, I just love the extra space and the built in carseats and everything. Hopefully we are a minivan family from now on!

5 comments:
Congratulations. I bet you feel so at home now driving into the church parking lot - fit right in. I'm glad your minivan has been a smooth transition for you. I kind of went through some crazy early midlife crisis when we bought ours!
Welcome to the family. I love my minivan too:)
What is the deal with minivans and this stigma that is attached to them? I may start a study to figure this one out. I guess I am too practical to see it as anything besides a way to get the crew somewhere we want to go!
it's a pretty elite group ya know, i hope you transition quickly--ha ha. anyway at least we know we're safer than all those snobs with their suv's can you say rollover? jk, mormon moms rock.
That is a smooth-lookin' minivan, I say. Glad you took my advice on the Dodge Caravan. (I'll always think you did, anyway.) Ours is 10 years older but still runs great! Built-in car seats...ahhh, the luxury...
Post a Comment