Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Next Vacation

Every week I get an email from travelzoo.com. They list the top 20 travel deals and some of them are so very TEMPTING that I'm not kidding, I spend at least a half hour or more clicking on 2 or 3 of them and planning some pretty elaborate vacations. This week, here are the trips I planned: $499 -- 6 Nights in Ireland: Top-Rated Resort, Car & Air, $555 & up -- Tokyo from Across the U.S. (R/T), incl. Taxes, $39 -- Be on 'The Price is Right Live' in Vegas (Reg. $55). Of course, they sound great right at first, but once you factor in the city you have to fly out of (the cheapest cities are always the east coast cities, sigh), the taxes and how many people you are going to drag along, well, the deal loses some of its dealiness. But my minor in college was in travel and tourism and I worked for a travel agency right out of college, so there's just something in me that can't resist planning a good cheap vacation. Plus, Ireland is so GREEN and who can resist an all inclusive package? And Steve and I talk about going to Tokyo all of the time (it's our dream 10 year anniversary trip of choice) and I pretty much have wanted to be on the Price is Right my entire life and Las Vegas is only 6 hours away...
You get my drift, it's my guilty pleasure, planning these vacations, hoping after I do the math, maybe we could afford to go on one and I could talk Steve into spending the money and my sister into watching my kids etc. Maybe someday...a girl can dream right?

could you seriously say no to staying here?? I think not!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! I will have to subscribe...I also LOVE to travel, I'm glad I'm not the only one with fantasy vacations that occupy a surprising amount of time in my mind.

mintifresh said...

Just stuff me in your suitcase when you go! Especially if it's anywhere near a beach!

Jenn said...

take me to Ireland with you!!!

Carrie said...

...and Carrie is in Vegas...yes, very tempting.