I attended the Mohawk school district kindergarten through second grade. Most of us rode the bus but not for as long as my sister and I got to! We were the first ones picked up in the morning and the last ones dropped off at night. Whoever made that bus schedule must have had something against us because that meant we were on the bus for an hour in the morning and an hour after school. Not fun, so we tried to get our mom to take us and pick us up from school as much as possible.
School itself wasn't so bad. I have fond memories of kindergarten, I even remember my first day. Up until that day, I had pretty much attached myself to my poor mother's leg. Would not leave that woman's side without as big of a tantrum as I could throw. I'm sure she was hesitant about my reaction to kindergarten and having to be left there all day. Well, I remember looking around that room at all the crying, screaming kids and I thought "humph! i'm not gonna be like those sissies!" so I looked at my mom and without hesitation said "You can go now mom, I don't need you anymore!" I think that shocked my mom a bit.
In second grade we had a race to see who was the fastest kid in the class and I won. I must have impressed my biggest competitor because he became my first boyfriend. His name was Wayne. We also had lots of assemblies about railroad tracks and how dangerous they were. We also watched Davie Crockett and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory every year. I guess I do have a lot of good memories from that school.
15 years ago

4 comments:
Soooo...when Evan is crying and not wanting you to leave him, its pay back because that is the kind of child you were! Hahahah Did your mom ever say- I hope you get a child just like YOU & then you will know how I feel!!!
I am pretty sure my kids are crazy, because it is pay back for the crazy kid that Steve was! But its not fair.....I was a good kid & I have to deal with these little devils!! Hahahahaha Gotta love 'em!
Don't you remember watching "the sound of music" every year too? lol i had forgotten about all those railroad assemblies! and how could you forget the curly slide at recess??? good times :)
Nice, gotta love a long bus ride. I never knew you were so fast! I wish I'd had a boyfriend named Wayne, that is a great name for a boyfriend.
Erin, you have the greatest stories!! I love your blog! Thanks for calling on my birthday! It was good to chat!
Love,
Angela :)
Post a Comment