I was getting my hair cut the other day and my wonderful stylist and I were discussing how to make popcorn balls. Well, she tells me the easiest way to make them would be to throw all the popcorn in my kitchen sink and form the balls in there because then clean up would be a snap. I don't think she expected the horrified look on my face at that idea. She should have just told me to drain the toilet bowl and make the popcorn balls in there because I feel like the kitchen sink is just about as clean a place. I know, you can bleach the sink, clean it out ect. but I'd still feel the same. The kitchen sink is just YUCK in my mind. You throw meat blood, rotten milk, all kinds of disgusting things in there and I just can't get past that. I never bathed any of my babies in the kitchen sink and whenever I do any dishes by hand I either use a tub or don't let them touch the sink. Tease me all you want, but my opinion on this matter will not change, so this sink thing is Weird Thing #1 that bugs me, and here are a few more:
#2: People who name their black dog Shadow. Sorry, if you're petting your pet Shadow right at this moment, but it really does bug me that a more original name was not picked. It's not the dog's fault he was born that color, so give him a name that fits his personality, not his furry coat.
#3: Wet hair. I HATE wet hair. Want to really get me going, make me put a sweater on over my wet hair. HEEBIE-GEEBIES!!!
#4: Leaving the blinds open after it's dark. My roomates in college used to tease me about this one because they said I was like clockwork, as soon as it was dark, I would appear out of nowhere and close our blinds. Maybe I just don't like the idea of people looking in at me. Hmm.
#5: Not washing your hands after touching raw meat. I absolutely FREAK at this one. I wash my hands at least, well, let's just say, constantly, when I'm handling icky raw meat.
Ok, I could add a few more, but I bet after reading this you are thinking of your own weird, perhaps unexplainable, things that bug you. So, you better share, then we can be weird together! mwhahaha!
14 years ago

5 comments:
The look on your face was pretty priceless. lol! Nerd! Did you ever find a recipe for popcorn balls?
ROFL I can still picture you shuddering over your own wet hair!
lol, my brother-in-law has the same opinion about the sink. He can't watch people cook chicken because it just grosses him out and he gives my sister Krista (his wife) very specific directions on how to cook and handle meat. So here's one of my wierd issues. . .I can't stand the way wool feels. My hubby has a wool blanket and I get the chills if it touches me. I have a hard time wearing any type of sweater and I had to give away the baby sweater clothes my daughter was given cause I didn't like holding her with them on (yes, I am weird too).
I will share a lot of germy things - drinks, food, kisses, etc but I think sharing toothbrushes definitely crosses the line!
i'm so with ya girl on the sink thing, but not so much on the wet hair thing. you crack me up girl, i love seeing your big boys too. so fun
Post a Comment