I LOVE popcorn! I was pretty much raised on it, so when we go to the movies, it's essential we shell out the cash for a big tub of it. Last night was no exception when Steve and I went to see Land of the Lost. We pretty much ate the entire contents of the giant bucket so we decided on the way out we'd actually take advantage of that free refill you always tell yourself you'll get when you buy the largest size. We thought the kids would think we were cool parents that we brought them home popcorn. Well, little did we know what a big hit the popcorn would be! It seems I have reproduced some little popcorn addicts and so I don't know if it's just my family or if there really is an addictive chemical in that stuff. But, here's an example of when you know the popcorn has gone a little too far--literally. I was making dinner and I looked at the kitchen table where the bucket had been sitting and it was gone! Justin had been there just a moment ago eating out of it, so I curiously peer around the corner to see what could have happened and see my little son scooting across the carpet while precariously holding this huge tub of popcorn. I would have totally snapped a picture if the fear of having to pick up popcorn kernals off the carpet for hours wouldn't have overcome me first. It really was a pretty cute sight, but J screamed bloody murder when I wrenched the bucket out of his hands. And tonight, while cleaning the kitchen, I kept stopping to eat some. And eat some more and keep eating...you get the picture. That popcorn is some dangerous stuff!
shouldn't there be warning label on all that goodness?

4 comments:
there is definitely an addictive popcorn gene lurking in our family ( i completely blame mom for this one!). If alex doesn't get popcorn at least once a week, he starts bugging mom. it cracks me up. last week he had the choice of popcorn or icecream and, of course, he chose popcorn. ashlee wanted both lol
Try it with Hot Tamales (the candy). That combination was a constant at our house growing up.
Ohh, I am so the same way. I love popcorn and cannot go see a movie without it, Trent is not the same so he always rolls his eyes when I show up from the snack bar with a huge tub! I do have to say, the megaplex right by you guys (the the hobby lobby) has the BEST movie popcorn ever. I love the story about Justin, wish you would have got a picture!
I {heart} popcorn! I just ate some myself!
Post a Comment