People kept asking me if Steve took Evan on the Father/Son Campout last weekend and I got the feeling that people were surprised that I said nope! (It was too far away and required travel near Price--a place we shun at all costs). But what they maybe didn't know was that just the weekend before that, Steve and Evan had gotten plenty of Daddy/Son time in when just the two of them went to CA together for Steve's Dad 60th b-day celebration! Now, you may wonder why Justin and I didn't go too. Well, have you seen me lately??? Being hugely pregnant does not lend itself to traveling (I pretty much am crippled if I get up after sitting in one spot for more than an hour) and Justin is a homebody. As in, when we go anywhere, if we aren't home again in a couple of hours he gets pretty grumpy. So, combine pregnancy + doesn't travel well Justin + grumpy me because I tire easily and can't keep up with everyone=not fun trip. Besides, I've never had one on one time with Justin, so I thought four days of the just the two of us would be really fun.
So Steve and Evan had our blessing to go to CA and set off the Thursday night before Memorial Day and Justin and I hung out in the quiet house all weekend. I had 3 things I wanted to do, things it would have been hard to do with both kids: go to the park, go swimming and go to a Gymboree class. We only made it to the Gymboree class, but J loved climbing and exploring on all their play stuff. And then we went to Sunflower Market and Walmart that day too (two other places I don't enjoy going with 2 children). And then on Saturday we went to the Conservation Gardens and Arctic Circle with my parents while Evan's room got painted. On Sunday church and my mom came over for dinner. Not swimming or the park, but nice relaxing activities :) On Sunday night things took a turn for the worse when Justin woke up with a burning fever and then on Monday was super grumpy while I had problems of my own from some apparently spoiled cookie dough from the night before. My kind sister and her family took care of us though.
As for Steve and Evan, they got to tour the Jelly Belly factory on Friday. Something Evan LOVED. Candy, pipes, machinery--what more could my kid ask for? And there were squirt gun fights, toys Grandma had got for the kids and a couple of bbqs. The big 60th b-day party was on Sunday and they got the cutest shirts made that said "When I grow up I want to be 60!" with Fulkerson 60 on the back, kind of like a baseball jersey. Steve said Evan was really good the whole time and had a blast. It was nice too because Tanner, his cousin his age, was there too so they got to play with each other all weekend. I think all in all, Steve and I made the right choice by "spliting" the family up!
14 years ago






2 comments:
Your post title made me think of "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K." I love all these fun pictures!
Looks like the arrangement worked out well. Very wise of you to stay home!
Post a Comment