Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Evan's Room

It's no secret that Steve and I are NOT renovators. As in, we've lived in this house for almost 3 years and haven't done a single thing to it. No new flooring, no new cabinets of any kind and not even a drop of paint has this poor house seen. Luckily for us, the house is in good enough shape we can get away with that, but eventually we decided we were done with talking about changing things and decided to start small but start we would. Evan's room seemed the logical choice since he has a really old bed and a really old dresser and that's it in there. We knew if Justin and Evan were going to share that room soon, it would need some TLC. So, Steve and I came up with a plan for the room, we know what we want to get from IKEA for the room (bunk beds, storage shelves ect) but we thought, first, we should paint it. We heard Jimmy Curtis was for hire, so we had him give us some quotes and thought we could afford one room at a time. After much agonizing over color choices, I came up with a plan to make everyone happy. Steve wanted a neutral color (he picked a very nice one called Yak Skin) so 3 walls got that, and Evan wanted DARK brown, so he got one accent wall in Oak Gall. And I got a room that didn't look boring! I loved how it turned out, Jimmy did a great job and now that one room has color, I can't wait to have Jimmy come back and jazz up some more of our rooms!
BEFORE
AFTER


BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
(it's hard to see the yak skin color in these photos, but i swear it looks SO much different than the white his room used to be!)

5 comments:

mintifresh said...

Awesome! Yak Skin-I wonder who came up with that name!? It looks great and Jimmy is a genius!

Carrie said...

How fun! I love painting...or actually I should say I love a painted room. Lucky you for hiring someone. We painted 12 different rooms and areas in our house when we moved in - I hope to not touch a paintbrush for quite a while. Paint makes a HGE difference.

Happy renovating!

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I was hoping you would post pictures. Turned out great! Was Evan happy with it?

The Conductor said...

I loved how the hanging under the "EVAN" sign was straightened out for the "after" picture. Sorta reminded me of the advertising photos where the girl in the "after" shot suddenly has make up on and is smiling. Anyway, very nice end result! Fun!

Porsche said...

It DOES look good! I am glad Evan is happy with it!