Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Babies!

I haven't done a kid update post in awhile, and since I'm not one of those moms who keeps journals about her children or documents their every move through the camera, about all their gonna get is my faulty recollections and a few blog posts to remember their childhood by when their older. Sorry kids!
Anyways, Evan recently graduated from preschool. He went to Bright Beginner Preschool for 2 years and I have no regrets about sending him! He really seemed to catch onto things a lot more the 2nd time around and I definitely noticed an improvement in his writing and drawing. For one, he wrote his name this year and all of his pictures weren't colored with just one color like they were the year before. Amazingly enough, the kid actually seems excited to start kindergarten too. We'll see what he really thinks once he has to go every day, but for now I'll take it that he's not throwing tantrums about going yet (unlike turning 8 and being baptized. He keeps telling me he's going to skip that b-day so he doesn't have to get baptized! yep, I'm raising the next general authority over here...).
Also, I'm amazed at how easily we have transitioned to him being home all day now. I was worried about my "me" time being taken away, but we've worked out a fairly decent system of put Justin down for a nap in the afternoon, Evan and I play some games we can't when Justin is awake, then he either watches a show or plays video games while I clean or exercise. It's been working out pretty well that way.
Evan is still in full Star Wars mode. He watches all the movies, plays all the video games, plays with his Star Wars Gallactics, has lightsaber duels every day and even when he draws, he draws star destroyers blowing up. He also continually hums various Star War themes. It's all about the Force over here!
Justin is 20 months old and still isn't officially walking. He's getting close though. I hope in the next few weeks he'll give up crawling completely and be walking full time. We had him evaluated and at 19 months he had the gross motor skills of a 13 month old they said. Justin also has weak ankles. He qualified for physical therapy, but we decided to just keep an eye on him and keep trying ourselves to help him. Justin has started saying more words, but it's hard for me to believe that he'll be 2 in a few months when he's not walking or talking yet! He very much is a baby to me. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have an opinion on things though! He's got Evan's stubborn streak for sure, and tries very hard to not eat in his high chair and he wants to be outside all of the time. He screams really loudly when he doesn't get his way. It's funny, but the older he gets the messier he gets (shouldn't it be the opposite??) too. He loves to go in and out and to turn things on and off. He's very adept at shape sorting and simple puzzles. He's possessive of his toys and wants to play in Evan's room as much as he can (Evan likes to keep his door shut though). Justin also loves to watch tv. He now will go and sit on the couch and point at the tv when he wants me to turn it on. He's been doing more signs, he's very curious about what everything is now and lately I've found it easier to teach him new signs. Justin HATES nursery or pretty much being more than 1 foot away from me I should say. His separation anxiety has only gotten worse with him getting older and it borders on the ridiculous sometimes. I have no idea what to do about this, except hope it passes in time. I can't help but wonder if the new baby coming has something to do with it though...
Speaking of the new baby, I am now 28 weeks along and this baby is one active little guy! We still haven't picked out a name, but so far we like Luke or Colin. I keep asking my stomach "what is your name?" but we'll probably just have to wait till we see the little guy to decide. I really hope he turns out as good as the other two. For feeling so paranoid about having a healthy baby you'd think I'd try to take better care of myself! I pretty much eat whatever I want and only eat a flintstone vitamin when I think of it. I do exercise regularly, but that's my only saving grace. I guess having my other 2 kids to take care of just seems to occupy my time. Anyways, if you've read down this far, congrats, I think I'm done with the updates for now :)

3 comments:

mintifresh said...

I love that little general authority! He's awesome!

I'm sorry Justin won't go to nursery! You may as well get a calling in there and make it official! hahaha

Ashley Fulkerson said...

Oh my goodness Erin, Justin has gotten so big. He looks like a different kid.

I love the kid updates...keep them coming.

The Conductor said...

I made it to the bottom! You're always fun to read, Erin. I love that you do at least this much documentation of your cute little boys. They do grow up so fast. Wow. I'm betting Evan will grow out of the baptism fear thing...Garrett was like that too. (For a while I thought it was fear of the water; later it either changed or I just figured out he was worried about having people watch him. For some reason, getting baptized with his good friend solved all fears just a few months before the big event!)

Oh yeah, Garrett was like Justin with the separation anxiety thing too! I did ask to be put in Nursery!