Thursday, May 6, 2010

Confessions of a Panic Stricken Mother





I confess....

I do not want to go to bed tonight

which, considering I only got 3-4 hours of sleep total last night, you'd think the opposite would be true

and if you add to that the 3 miserable nights of sleep I got before that

well, you'd think I'd be dying for some shut eye

but I'm AFRAID to go to sleep

because that's when the middle of the night wake up calls happen

that are just BAD NEWS

for instance, last night, my 5 year old waking up puking at 2am

he did not go back to sleep till 6:30am

yep, that much puke

throw in a baby with a fever and you've got momma going back in forth from one to the other all night

which, I know, as a mom, you just can't escape nights like that

but for the 3 nights previous dealing with the before mentioned sick baby with a fever who feels miserable (and a 2 year old also with a fever) did not make the 4th night of fever + puke very easy to deal with

so, now you can see why I'm just a little scared to see what tonight is gonna throw at me.

I'm just being negative and not thinking it's going to bring me sleep is all

on that note, happy mother's day all, after this week of sick kid's I think Sunday is sounding pretty darn good :)

9 comments:

JRiggles said...

sorry you have sick kids! luckily I'm staying up because it's finally quiet. Why would I sleep during this time of just me, all alone, by myself, no kids, no tv, no fighting, no crying, no whining...ooops sorry, I got excited with all this quiet and can't stop typing now! Hope your Mothers Day is great!

Tylaine said...

I hope your night went better last night. Hiving sick kids is no fun! With a schedule like that you're right it's almost like you should just stay up! Hope they all feel better!
Have a happy Mother's Day!

Jaymi said...

Just had the kucka mucka flu @ my house too! So SO sorry!

Sass said...

I am sorry! Pukes & fevers suck! So not fun!! I hope things get better at your house QUICK!!
-Let me know if you need anything! :)

Amy said...

Can't they understand that if we sleep we are better moms? We had been giving Spencer the recalled Motrin so he was up with fevers all night too! I think it was watered down or something...crazy!

Melissa said...

Oh MY I wouldn't want to go to bed either! That super duper sucks-I am so sorry! I hope tonight is better for you!

Angela said...

Hey ERin,
long time no talk. sorry you've had sick kids...fun times! HOpe you had a great mother's day. I think about you often! love ya!
ang

Jenn said...

I'm sorry erin!! erik had croup last week and i stayed awake listening to him cough and then I stayed awake freaking out that he wasn't coughing because that certainly meant something even more dire happened! the more tired i am, the more dilusional i become :P i'm glad your family is on the mend!!

mintifresh said...

I'm glad everyone is better and I hope you are now getting some sleep!!