Sunday, May 30, 2010

Friday Confessional--Drink Up!




I have to keep up with Glamazon's confessions so we have equal amount of dirt on each other, ya know? So here's the true story of my life...

I confess--

I'm ridiculously picky about the taste of my water

I won't drink certain brands of bottled water because I think it tastes icky

For instance, Sam's Club brand, tastes the WORST (sorry Mom, but it's true)

I also won't drink tap water if it offends my palate either (For instance, if you are ever vacationing at Virginia Beach, don't bother turning on the faucet for a drink. Majorly gross water. Also, Melissa from High School, your tap water was also on my do not drink list)

I use a Klean Kanteen, not so much for the environment, but more because it doesn't make my water taste like plastic after a half hour. Leave water in it over night, wake up in the morning, take a drink and it tastes the same! Wonderful!

We have a filter on our fridge. It makes the local tap water taste much better, but it does not last forever, you gotta change it regularly, ya know?

recently the filter ran out and I begged my husband to replace it, complaining that the taste of the water had changed and was not very good anymore. He didn't believe me about the change. Then he changed the filter this morning, took one sip and was like, wow, it does taste a lot different with the filter! See, I'm not crazy.

And in case you are wondering where the best tap water EVER is, if you are ever in Bloomville, OH, their tap water is phenomenal. Seriously, I drink about a gallon a day whenever I visit.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow.

I was going to just leave it at that, but I do actually have a little more to say. I taste things in water that my husband doesn't and I miss our reverse osmosis water filter back in Utah. I think the water out here tastes like bleach, but I can't fork out the money for bottled water, or maybe I won't. So I just got used to it. I think I will taste some Bloomville water next time I'm there for a visit--I had no idea!

Jenn said...

I completely agree about the bloomville water--excellent stuff :) worst water i ever had was in magna--blech!!

mintifresh said...

I hope you are never in the situation where you have to pick floaties out of your water, you might die of thirst! I think my mom's house in Sandy has the best tap water ever! It's good stuff and almost always cold!

mintifresh said...

I hope you are never in the situation where you have to pick floaties out of your water, you might die of thirst! I think my mom's house in Sandy has the best tap water ever! It's good stuff and almost always cold!

Carrie said...

I'll be sure to remember this when you come to visit! But you may want to BYOW just in case I don't have the good kind of bottled water.

Sass said...

I agree, I am also picky about my
H2O. Magna is REALLY bad! I swear you have to chew to get it down. EEK!
I don't really liked bottled water too much, this is weird, but I think it tastes TOO clean!! Almost like bleach?!
YUCK!
Cheers, to yummy water!