Thursday, April 22, 2010

Friday Confessional--Order Up!

Glamazon once again is encouraging us to bear our souls...

Some people have a weekly tradition of going out on a date with their husbands or calling their mothers, me, I like to confess strange things once a week to the public at large. Go figure. This week is no exception. Welcome to my world of strange paranoia's! So this week I confess....

--Whenever I go out to a restaurant I have this crazy worry that I am going to come off as a demanding jerk to whoever is our waiter or waitress

--It's b/c I really want them to like me and think "wow, they are the easiest table here tonight!"

--But then I think I try too hard and the few requests I try to make come out sounding all wrong

--my husband on the other hand can ask for all kinds of stuff and come off sounding as cool as a cucumber

--I even try to ask for things followed by "when you get the chance..." and other such accommodating phrases

--But I see it in their eyes--they never like me!

--for instance--last time my family was at Chilis and after I asked for something in that way, Steve said "my! aren't we bossy!"

--the total opposite of the effect I was trying to achieve

--maybe next time I go out to eat I should try what George did on Seinfeld once--he did the opposite of his instincts and everything went his way--

--so I'll just order something, hold the everything, next time and see what happens...

--yeah, I know, they'll probably just spit in my food...sigh...I should just stick to drive-thrus...

9 comments:

mintifresh said...

Some may call it being a picky eater or high maintenance, I just say you know what you want and you should get it! Unless you are at a burger joint demanding sushi, if that's the case, well then, you are high maintenance! heehee

Carrie said...

Wow Erin. This post has just confirmed my belief that you are one of the nicest people in the world. If you give that much thought and have that much anxiety over what your server thinks of you, you are truly one in a million.

PS I always get a kick out of your Friday confessionals. Love your honesty. And love learning about your innermost self.

Stacy said...

I am total high maintenance when it comes to eating out. I am sure cheap so if I am going to buy food then it better be how I like it. We should go out together. Then the server will love you and hate me.

Melissa said...

Aw, I love that you want to be the server's favorite! I'm always just thinking, mmmmh, i'm hungry, and then-hey! where's my food! Fat girl with an appetite over here!

You are waaaaaaay nicer than I am. I love your confessionals. Thanks for playing!

Amy said...

You have either been a server or are just super conscientious. I figure that I can't go get what I want myself at a restaurant so I'd better ask. That is why I love going to a restaurant, so I don't have to run and grab things that I've forgotten, I can just sit there!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi - Are you related to a Ken Fulkerson from Tracy, CA? He is a WWII vet who was a guard at Nuremberg. I would like to get in touch with him, I would like him to sign a photo from the Nuremberg trials. MY e-mail address is smalone1@yahoo.com. Thanks

Sass said...

ha ha ha! You are way too nice! I never really thought about the server liking me.... i am always too caught up with what my kids are doing!!

Stacy said...

I'm back!! I left you something on my blog.

http://afortunatestrokeofserendipity.blogspot.com/