14 years ago
Thursday, March 25, 2010
More Than I Knew
I was thinking today about how tired I was and it was only 8am, debating between dragging my children out of bed (yes, we are still being punched in the face over here by Daylight Savings Time) so they could be cranky the rest of the day but go to bed at a decent hour tonight (Evan thinks 11pm is his new bedtime) or let them sleep so I could hop in the shower. Yes, my tired body cried "Clean Me!" so I opted for the shower. At least Evan, when he did finally get up, was in a good mood, that's the first morning this week, so it was a nice surprise. But, besides this early morning dilemma, I also had thoughts on "if I could be doing anything else (as in job wise) what would I be doing instead right now?" And you know, there really isn't any place I'd rather be right now than taking care of my kids. Yes, it's exhausting, suck your soul dry work a lot of the time, but I love my kids and essentially can't imagine anything else I'd want to do more. Even though I do want to be a Librarian, that can wait, for now, I've made the choice to hang out with my kids. Yes, a lot of the time is "hanging out" time, I must admit, our quality time isn't as quality as I'd like, but I hope as I continue to adjust to this strange new world that is having 3 kids, it'll get better. I do try when I feel up to it to vary home life a little bit with a craft or a tickle chase, but hopefully the Lord accepts my attempts to be a good mother and will cut me some slack on all the tv and video games I've let my kids watch and play over the last year. So, the realization this morning, that this IS where I want to be right now, eased the burden a bit and that's something this mom could always use first thing in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Having three kids does get easier. I promise. There's nowhere else I would rather be right now either.
SERIOUSLY! I think about waking up early and going to work everyday...no thanks! I do not want to HAVE to get dressed everyday!! I would much rather stay home with the kiddos....even though it is pretty rough sometimes!!
That must have been one heck of a shower! hahaha I totally know what you mean! Even though it sucks me dry, there is no where else I would rather be!
I've decided that the tv is not a battle I want to pick all the time. How do you just "be" with your children though? I always seem to need a project or purpose to be together.
Post a Comment