too lazy to do the button...sorry Glamazon!!
I confess...
--I should be vacuuming right now. oh well.
--actually, I digress, I'm here to confess I did another bad thing
--Yes, on top of dinging car doors, I have now fallen into the dark realm of faking accents to throw off telemarketers
--I am REALLY bad at fake accents in case you were wondering
--well, a certain newspaper agency we once got the paper from calls us every few months to see if we want to resubscribe
--we never do
--but they insist it's such a good deal, we'll get coupons, blah, blah, blah
--anyways, they don't give up
--so, I answer the call last night, I don't know why, and in a panic, because I'm usually too chicken to hang up once the real person starts talking, I decide to fake an accent and actually say "no, those people don't live here anymore"!!
--ok, I'm sure the chick was onto me because I think I went through like 5 different accents during our conversation and by the end I sounded just like her own accent.
--clever, I know
--I felt really stupid and will never do that again
--the experience may just have given me the courage next time to just hang up even if someone has already started speaking
--yes, I know, another great life lesson learned
14 years ago

6 comments:
That is soo funny. I have faked a major stutter when I talk to them people quite a few times..it usally gets them off the phone quick once I stutter a 2 minute "No Thank You" There has only been one out of 8 maybe that continued on with the conversation.
That's awesome, Erin! Usually when I attempt an accent it turns out to be a mix of Chinese/Spanish/Australian
Yeah, it never goes well.
oh that's good! Lots of things cross my mind about how to handle telemarketers, but I have to say I've never thought of faking an accent. I don't know if I could actually do it without laughing though. Great story!
Next time I see you, I want to hear these fake accents!! have you been taking lessons from adam? hahahaha
I knew someone who would hand the phone to a kid who liked to talk on the phone
I once faked that someone had cut their finger off. Complete with screams in the background. I might be a sick puppy right there with you!
Post a Comment