Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Belated New Years To-Do List

I'm better at to-do lists than resolutions, so I decided to go from that angle. So here are the things I hope to accomplish in 2009: (in no particular order, mind you, I just always number my to do lists)

1. Go from exercising 3 times a week to 5 times a week! (evan has preschool 3 days a week right now, that is when I exercise, no other time works, believe me I've tried. Evan will start kindergarten this year, so I will then be able to exercise 5 times a week! So, yeah, I'll get to check this one off, but not for awhile...)

2. Eat out once a month (this one will be super easy to check off, but then, well, I won't be able to go out again for another month. bummer. maybe i could plan on eating out on the 31st and 1st of each month...)

3. Relax (I continually stress myself out for usually no good reason, so maybe I should start yoga or deep breathing or something. Or maybe someone could volunteer to call me once a day and just say that one word then hang up!)

4. Go on a vacation (should our family really struggle with this one? so sad, but true)

5. Spend more time with friends (this is a warning to Melissa, Cassie, Krista, Mindi, Amy ect. that I will be coming over more this year! mwhahaha!)

6. Find something to clear my face up (yeah, I had to deal with the sad fact that being in my 20s didn't magically make my acne go away, but now that I'm in my 30s? Do I really have to keep having breakouts? Really???)

7. Get Evan to stop hitting me and use his words (I've been working on this one for years, but this year will be the year he finally quits! I just know it!)

8. Kiss Steve more (pretty mushy, I know, but I always seem to forget this one, poor guy)

9. Watch every episode of the Office as it airs (I keep missing it this season!)

10. Buy a new bra (Don't be scared, but um, I haven't bought a new bra in 3 years, so, anyone know a good place to bra shop? hehehehe)

11 comments:

Amy said...

Vicky's is the only place to buy bra's. They will measure you and help you find just the right one. They ain't cheap, but will the worth the $$.

Carrie said...

I'm kinda liking the to do list approach. I might just borrow the idea. Here's my bra confession - I hate them! I hate how they look, how they feel, and how absolutely in the way they are for breastfeeding. Therefore I refuse to spend money on something so annoying. ....but maybe if I spent the money, I wouldn't hate them so much. hmmmm. Maybe you should go with that Vicky's place.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Read "Sometimes I Feel Awful" by Joan Singleton Prestine. Read it with or to Evan and maybe that will help him understand the importance of expressing himself with words.

My best bra buying experience was at Dillard's. They do professional bra fittings and the bras were about the same price as all the Marts. (Wal-Mart, Target Mart, Shop-Ko Mart) p.s. if you get a bra that fits correctly you look like you've lost weight! And you feel more comfortable.

mintifresh said...

I love your whole list and I will now make it mine! I need to do the bra thing, too! I may have to cave and do the bra fitting thing (how embarrassing!!)! You should just grab steve and make-out with him while you are making dinner or he's playing video games! That's fun but then you have a puppy dog following you around the rest of the day! Try it! He'll be very happy! :)

Melissa said...

I like it, especially #5. I would love to see you more often! Oh, the dreaded bra thing...I remember my mom didn't get one for like 10 years or something awful like that...it was just held together by a safety pin (It worked out okay cuz she was flat chested, go figure) Anyway, she finally went shopping for one and had no idea what size she was, the saleslady was like, what on earth? My mom's like, I've been taking care of kids for 10 years, and the saleslady's like, I don't care, BUY YOURSELF A BRA.

Fulkerson Clan said...

i'm SO glad i'm not alone on the bra thing. i dread bra shopping and just assumed i was the only one who felt that way! thanks girls for your support! haha! (and the shopping suggestions!!) and tristan, your book recommendations haven't failed me yet! so i put that book on hold. thanks!!!

Jenn said...

We should do reminder calls to each other when the office is on because i keep missing it too and then i have to watch it on my computer. Take me with you to go get a bra cause I need one too :P who knows what size i'll be after i'm done nursing LOL

heather said...

Let me know if you find any solutions for the hitting :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

For all of you women who feel embarrassed about a bra fitting - it's not as scary as you think! Especially in Utah where everyone is hip to the Mormon culture and "funny underwear!" Take a deep breath and just do it. Then if you move out of state you already know what size you are so you can skip the bra fitting. Oh, and I totally recommend sculpted cups. No RT or "show through" as my bra fitter tastefully referred to it. You have to hand wash them or they lose their shape but I think they look nicer and last longer.

Angela said...

What's RT? (about Bras.) And what about the rest of us who don't live in Utah and wear the "funny underwear?"
I need to get a new bra but I'm pregnant and my girls are a little bigger than normal..but that's why I need a new bra! When I take it off at night it sure hurts!

Anyway, good list, Erin! Good luck!
Love,
Ang

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Angela, RT is when your nipples show through your clothes. Unfortunately, I had my one and only bra fitting in Utah. I hear you should do it once a year but I'm afraid now that I don't live in "Mormon Country" anymore.

I have been measured at Motherhood Maternity but the sales ladies never came in to see if the bra fit correctly. So if you're uncomfortable with a full on bra fitting you could ask to be measured. Motherhood Maternity also has spandex tank tops. The sales girl told me she had a friend use it as a bra. I have big girls so I didn't think that would work so well. You could just take your garment top off for a bra fitting.

I don't even know you but I hope I answered your question!