
Evan and I are still so much alike sometimes it's scary. We know what the other is thinking and the same things make us mad. However, it's not fun when we are both mad at the same time, but we are working on that! Evan's favorite thing to do is to build. Building with pipes is number 1 but he'll build with legos, castle blocks, and his kinex too. He also likes to draw and recently has discovered video games. I honestly thought I was in the clear on that last one, after 4 and a half years in a house full of video games and NO interest in them, I figured he just wasn't going to ever like them and I was happy about that. Alas, I was wrong! It's become our newest battle: how long he can play, when he can play, what he can play. Ugh. At least he likes going to preschool finally. He rarely fights me on it (a day I thought would NEVER come) and I've seen how he's grown and learned from his experiences there.

Even though raising kids has been the most demanding, exhausting, and frustrating job I've ever had, I know it's what I'm meant to be doing right now and there's things that only my kids can teach me that I need to learn. I've found, especially in my struggles with Evan, that even though I wish I could just snap my fingers to make things better on the bad days, I know it's not in vain, I'm not being punished, but molded into the Mom I need to be. It's a hard process, one I'm not always eager to go through, but with Heavenly Father's help, I know it's one I won't regret and one I'm determined not to fail at. I love my kids and even though I don't always love myself for the shortcomings I see in myself as their mother, I know there's a reason we're together, and I think it's mostly for my learning and growing benefit at this time. So kids, thanks for loving your imperfect mother, just know I'm trying!!

6 comments:
We paid $20 for computer software specifically for kindergarteners. Best $20 we ever spent! Maybe you could try to find educational video games for Evan to play every once in a while. Or use his love of video games to bribe him to do the things he fights you most on.
Being a mom sure is harder than I thought it would be! But you're doing great. Keep it up.
cute cute kiddos...they are a perfect mix of you and Steve. Keep up the good work mom!!!
You know now I have that song in my head... Let's Hear it for the Boys!! I can't even remember who sings it, but it keeps replaying in my head. lol! Keep up the good work.
Thanks, I needed that.
Okay I just barley saw the post on my blog from you! lol I'm so glad you found it!! Your blog is so adorable! I can't believe how big your kids are! Time goes by so fast! I agree with Mindi though..thanks for rubbing it in our noses with that title! lets hear it for the boys...What boys? lol
HI~ I hope you don't mind but I had to. My husband is best friends with Kenny Sathre and I noticed your last name on their blog and thought "I know some fulkersons...." Our Dads are in the same ward in Tracy, Ca. Have been for years. My Dad's name is Steve Grow. Anyway I guess it's kinda a small world. Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment