Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Story of My Life Part 7 1/2: The Stalker

Something different about the elementary class that I was in for 4th, 5th and 6th grade was that it was a split class, which meant, half of the class was 4th grade and the other half was 5th grade. We were split right down the middle of the room. Of course, that changed when I was in 6th grade, the other half was 5th grade, I guess they wanted to keep us all together. At any rate, in the younger class, my 5th grade year, there was a boy in the 4th grade class who took a "liking" to me. I use that term loosely, because for boys at that age, if they "like" you they show it by being obnoxious. This boy, let's call him John, was sneaky. He would take my things, I'd come back to my desk after recess and wonder what happened to all my pencils. He was gross: he'd take my retainer case and spit in them. He was rude: He cussed me out a couple of times at recess. He was mean: he'd throw balls at me on the playground. And in class, he'd watch me all of the time. Only, it didn't end after school was out: HE'D FOLLOW ME ON MY PAPER ROUTE! We lived on our Main st. house by this time, so it was a different paper route, but I can remember delivering papers and hearing something, turning around quickly, to see him hiding on his bike behind a parked car! This happened A LOT. This kid had a problem! I wish he'd just write me a note already saying check 1 if you like me, check 2 if you don't. So much simpler!
Well, the final straw was when he started to prank call me. A LOT. Then, one day he did a bigger prank, he had a pizza delivered to my house. Of course, he didn't pay for it, but he was dumb enough to leave his own name and number when he ordered it. So, his dad found out, and his dad was a cop. So his Dad took it pretty seriously, and I'll never forget the shock I felt the day John and his dad showed up at my door! His dad had made him come over to apologize. John would not look me in the eye and mumbled "sorry". After that, he left me alone. Thank goodness! I had enough other torture going on without dealing with his "attentions"!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Hehe Erin didn't mention that her stalker was this tiny little guy too! She probably could have beat him up if she could have caught him. I can remember him following us on the paper route!

Amy said...

Oh Erin, you are always good for a laugh. lol!

Kathleen said...

With this one and the last one I want names. I wonder if I knew them.

mintifresh said...

Isn't adolesences wonderful? Mine sucked on and off too! Sounds like my "friends" were in the same club as those girls you talked about. Plus, is that story really about Steve? Is that how you met??? Come on, tell the truth!!