Monday, October 20, 2008

The Story of My Life: Part 1


Maybe you think you know me. Heck, maybe you really do. But here's the true story and I'm going to start from the beginning for all of those who might be interested in the details. I was born Sept. 9th in Tiffin, Oh at Mercy Hospital. My mom went to take a pee and, oops!, I was ready to come out! I was tiny, a mere 5 lbs. 6 oz. but I was fierce. I had the cord wrapped around my neck, and I came out purple, so I blame any emotional instability I suffer from on my lack of oxygen for the first bit of my life. My mom and dad took me home to their rural Ohio house where my 3 year old sister Jenn eagerly awaited her new playmate. Disappointed by my inability to play, she promptly decided to feed me since I was crying and must need something and of course she wanted to help. So, my poor mother comes in the room to find Jenn stuffing crackers into my mouth. Mother promptly saved me from a death by crackers and by then poor Jenn probably realized she was going to have to wait a few years until I was any fun.
But fun we had together because, if you noticed the mention above, we lived in RURAL Ohio. As in, most of my friends lived on farms (we didn't) and Jenn and I were the only playmates we had within a few miles. We were lucky though, we lived on an acre of land, had two small forests to play in, fruit trees to eat off of if we got hungry, a nice hill in the backyard to sled down in the winter, lots and lots of pets, and tons of gardens to run around in thanks to my Dad. We had a great life!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I remember when you lived in a house out in the country!

mintifresh said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you didn't have a tragic cracker death! That picture looks just like Evan! What a cutie!!

Jenn said...

Hehe i'm sooo glad that i didn't kill you with crackers when i was 3!! of course, after that i tried to knock you off with a shovel....geesh, i barely let you make it to 30!! we sure did have a good time in the suburbs of McCutchenville!!

Sass said...

that is crazy. And yes that picture of you could easily be Evan! So when did you move to utah? I think I remember you mentioning that you want a house in ohio...want to go back to your roots?!

Sass said...

Ohh yeah & I did not notice that you were even in that picture until I posted it...Honest!! Hahahaha Erin, my camera is just attracted to your face! :)