Thursday, October 16, 2008

Justin's 1st B-day!

happy Justin before his doom at target awaited!

Justin's 1st birthday was last Friday the 10th and I decided to "start" (our appointment was at 10:40am. hehehe) our day out with going to Target to have pics taken of Justin. In retrospect, I don't think I would do that again! Justin hated the whole thing and it stressed me out to get him and me ready and off to Target. For some reason, at the time I made the appointment, I just thought it would be more special or something having his pics taken on his birthday day. Anyways, here's a pic of Grandpa holding Justin while we shopped for a present for the little guy once the photo session was out of the way:
Once we got home I got Evan his lunch and then took him to preschool and afterwards I stopped at Zurchers to pick up balloons. It was time to do all the party stuff while I had the chance! So I went home and decorated, hid treasure hunt clues, frosted cupcakes, all the things that are done faster without the help of children (sorry kids!).The party started at 6pm and I had only invited family (pretty typical thing to do for a 1st b-day) so Steve's parents were here visiting from CA and my sis and parents and then Steve's sister and her family were there, so still a pretty decent crowd. Everyone loved the food:
and the kids loved the treasure hunt and we all had a good time just sitting around chatting and stuffing our faces. Now, of course, the highlight of any 1 year old's b-day party is how are they gonna react to the cake? Steve called it on Justin: not very well! Justin usually goes to bed at 6:30pm so he was already tired and then we strip him down, put him on some towels and all stare at him expectantly. Yeah, he didn't like that.
So Steve gave Justin a taste of cake:

and then Justin decided it tasted good enough to play with and tried to pick the cake up, put his foot in it, things like that:
Finally we had one messy baby, then came the bath from hell and then we opened presents :)
And that was basically the party! I felt like I gave a lot of party details in my last post, so hopefully you get the gist of how things went. But it really was a fun and simple party and Justin loved all of his new toys. So happy b-day little guy! I'm just so blessed to have my Justin in our family. He's such a happy little kid and we needed someone else in the house who was laid back to even things out! Hope Justin enjoyed his day too, from this last pic you can see he's come quite the way in the last year!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

poor justin! he really didn't like that bath. It's still hard for me to believe that the little guy is 1 now. The party turned out great erin!!

robin said...

your family's so cute. awesome party banner!