I know you all are just dying to hear about our family vacation! lol! I better get this out of the way first though--our camera battery died our first day there so there are only a couple of pics from Marine World! I was too cheap to buy another battery while there when I knew a perfectly good battery was on the computer desk at home. Sorry!
We had a decent flight to CA, all things considered. Though why we decided to fly so late at night, I don't quite know. So, of course the flight was delayed. We ended up having to go on a different plane because (and I'm not making this up!!) they had to glue something back on to the plane we were supposed to take and the glue takes 24 hours to dry. Hmm. Anyways, the kids did well, but there was the crying baby on the plane that belonged to me but after the crying he fell asleep. Phew!
We decided to go to Six Flags Marine World the next day to get it out of the way. But, there happened to be a heat wave moving through CA and it was HOT!!. I think we spent almost as much on drinks (at$4 a pop!) as we did on admission! We are wusses though and left after only 4 hours. LOL! But Evan got to ride plenty of rides and also got to see the whale and dolphin shows.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday and half of Tuesday were spent mainly hanging out at Steve's parents house. We got to visit with Steve's two brothers and their families, and got to meet our 3 month old nephew, Drew.
Some highlights were that Evan fell in love Aunt Ashley. He used to be in love with Aunt Irina, but this time he followed Ashley around (or was always asking where she was) and requested that she sit next to him at dinner. He also went to Grandma June's primary class (she teaches the 6 year olds) and told one of the girls there "you are so pretty. I love you"!!! So, after all this lovin, I asked Evan when we got home who the prettiest girl that he knew and he said with a big sigh "Aunt Ashley" !! He hadn't seen Aunt Ashley in two years so his explanation was that "he'd not seen her before". So cute!
Justin, my normally happy one, decided, on his first trip, he did not like traveling. Well, he did fairly well with the going places part, it was just he decided to cling to me as his only thread of normalcy. He wouldn't let anyone else hold him (and he's heavy!) and he would cry every time I left the room. I'm so not used to that!!
The flight back was great and now the hard part is getting back to a normal sleep schedule for everyone. Evan thinks his bedtime is now 11pm and the baby was used to waking up a lot during the night. Hopefully by this weekend we'll be back in the swing of things! In the meantime I'm so glad we went on vacation but it's great to be back!We had a decent flight to CA, all things considered. Though why we decided to fly so late at night, I don't quite know. So, of course the flight was delayed. We ended up having to go on a different plane because (and I'm not making this up!!) they had to glue something back on to the plane we were supposed to take and the glue takes 24 hours to dry. Hmm. Anyways, the kids did well, but there was the crying baby on the plane that belonged to me but after the crying he fell asleep. Phew!
We decided to go to Six Flags Marine World the next day to get it out of the way. But, there happened to be a heat wave moving through CA and it was HOT!!. I think we spent almost as much on drinks (at$4 a pop!) as we did on admission! We are wusses though and left after only 4 hours. LOL! But Evan got to ride plenty of rides and also got to see the whale and dolphin shows.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday and half of Tuesday were spent mainly hanging out at Steve's parents house. We got to visit with Steve's two brothers and their families, and got to meet our 3 month old nephew, Drew.
Some highlights were that Evan fell in love Aunt Ashley. He used to be in love with Aunt Irina, but this time he followed Ashley around (or was always asking where she was) and requested that she sit next to him at dinner. He also went to Grandma June's primary class (she teaches the 6 year olds) and told one of the girls there "you are so pretty. I love you"!!! So, after all this lovin, I asked Evan when we got home who the prettiest girl that he knew and he said with a big sigh "Aunt Ashley" !! He hadn't seen Aunt Ashley in two years so his explanation was that "he'd not seen her before". So cute!
Justin, my normally happy one, decided, on his first trip, he did not like traveling. Well, he did fairly well with the going places part, it was just he decided to cling to me as his only thread of normalcy. He wouldn't let anyone else hold him (and he's heavy!) and he would cry every time I left the room. I'm so not used to that!!
Evan decides to pack himself, I mean, for himself :)

4 comments:
Awesome! It sounds like you guys had a good time. And that the boys were pretty good. I am glad you guys got to go!
That picture of Evan, he looks like he is 6! Maybe it is his hair cut or something? But he looks a lot older! :)
I love that pic of Evan in the suitcase! (Your boys are so darn photogenic, Erin.) Glad you survived the plane rides, glad you enjoyed yourselves in CA, and glad you're home (since you're glad about it). Glad to let you come visit ME anytime, you know! ("Glad" suddenly seems like a very ugly and awkward word, doesn't it?) Hugs on your birthday from me to you!!!
(~AmyJ in Buffalo)
We had so much fun with you guys too in Tracy. I wish we got to see each other more often. That is so sweet what Evan said. Tell him I think he is the most handsome boy I have ever seen. Reading that really just made my day:)
this is ashley not derrick
Hey ERIN~ I hope that you had the BEST birthday ever yesterday!! A nice spa day and out to eat with your hubby! I hope everything turned out great, you deserve it!
Well I am sure that I will talk to you later! Have fun at YW/YM tonight & don't get too wet!! :)
*sorry I just wrote it on your blog, out of context and didn't shoot you an email! :)
Post a Comment