This is my first post as a 30 year old. Holy-Moly! I think I had a harder time turning 29 than I did 30. 29 was like you knew "old" age was coming, which is almost worse than it being upon you. I've kind of looked at turning 30 as like it's time for me to grow up. So, I've tried to curb my petty reactions to things, not get in slap fights with my 4 year old, be open minded with my husband instead of stomping away from something he says, and have a consistently cleaner kitchen.
So, what did I do to celebrate all this? Went to the spa of course!! I had never been before and when a got a timely email from the Cottage Retreat Day Spa at Gardner Village about a sale they were having on their mini-day of relaxation (this week only!) I knew it was heaven sent! So, I used my b-day money to treat myself to a pedicure, facial, 30 minute massage, deep hair conditioning and style. It was the best 3 hours ever and worth every penny! I recommend the experience to anyone who has never been--find a way to go!
If that wasn't enough, we also went out to eat that night to our favorite Korean restaurant--Ejo. A little known fact about me is that my favorite food is a pickled radish called gak dookie (spelling I have no idea--that's just how it sounds when you pronounce it). Anyways, I have no idea why I love this hot radish so much, but I do. I could eat the crunchy, spicy goodness all day (or at least until heartburn overtook me). Sept. 9th is also my brother-in-law's b-day and he served his mission in Korea, so him and my sister came along too and we all had a great and yummy time.
I also got great gifts from my hubby (a pretty necklace and a dvd) and a book from my sister as well as another trip to the spa on saturday with her and my mom (I'm SO spoiled!) to get a facial. If this is turning 30, I can handle it. What a wonderful day :)
14 years ago

8 comments:
Ahhhh, the spa.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one.
I'm so glad you got to go! It sounds like you had a great time. It's always nice to have a break from everything. Happy Birthday!
hey you! sounds like you had a great birthday! did you get my special phone call singing birthday song? I was thinking about you all day! I'll have to call again sometime soon to catch up. It's been WAY too long!
Love ya!
Ang
yep, you are spoiled! muhahahaha!!
Wow, Erin, you handled the whole "turning 30" thing so gracefully! I'm very impressed. So glad you had such a fantastic day -- you deserve every bit of it! 30 hugs (not spanks) from me. Luv ya! (Amykins)
hey erin!
I have a TAG for you! Go to my blog to play and for the rules!
hope to hear from you soon!
Love ya!
ANg
You eat Dookie? Isn't that dog poo?
Post a Comment