Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 32nd birthday. Crazy!! So far I'm having a love/hate relationship with my thirties. I love that I don't care so much what people think anymore, that I have a pretty stable life, that I'm not really THAT old yet. I hate not having energy anymore, feeling brain foggy all the time and feeling like my body can't handle anything I dish out to it (you mean I have to be CAREFUL now??). I also am still struggling with not having the confidence I feel I should have or the selflessness I wish I had. Balance, balance, balance. Yep, that will always be a work in progress I'm sure.
So, today I am getting a massage (a gift certificate I had from last year that was hard to use with a 2 week old...) and going to in and out burger with the hubby. Not bad for a 32nd birthday I think.
Thanks to everyone who sent me b-day wishes today or thought of me. It's really nice to be remembered :) and thanks too for my wonderful parents who not only survived my really horrible bratty years, but even managed to still like me after everything I put them through!! The older I get the more I appreciate my mom and what a strong, kind person she is. I have a good life :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! In N Out and a massage!! sounds like a great day to me. I totally relate with the body slowing down thing. I too hate it, and am pretty much refusing to cave...and my body just keeps right on complaining :(

Laurie Von said...

oh erin, you are so cute, i love your honesty. you are doing great for an old lady. hee hee. at least you got a handsome little family to show for it. take care babe!

mintifresh said...

Nothing says happy birthday like a massage and a burger! Sounds like a great day!