
So, there's a theme this week: Worst Date EVER!!! I have to admit, I didn't go on a lot of dates before I was married. And especially before college, the dates were few and far between . Yet, for some reason, the bad dates I have been on pretty much involved high school dances. And my worst date ever? Junior Prom. Bad enough I skipped senior prom without any regrets. Here's the story and you can judge for yourself...
A few months before my junior prom, I started hanging out with a Boy. He had pursued me our freshman year but I wasn't interested at the time. He apparently didn't mind my dogging him back then because it didn't stop us from becoming friends my junior year when we ended up sitting by each other in a couple of classes. We also had a few mutual friends, and I got to know him better. Well, Boy had an on again off again girlfriend our junior year too and at the time we started hanging out outside of school sometimes was during an off period. At that point Boy asked me to prom. Now, I knew, when he asked me he had asked his ex-girlfriend first and she had said no. Then he had asked his ex-girlfriend's best friend and she had said no. So, I was his third choice. Yeah, that should have been my first red flag! But he assured me that he really wanted to go with me and that he liked me very much and I have to admit, at that point, I liked him too so I said yes.
Fast forward a couple of weeks before prom. I had been hanging out with/sort of dating Boy for a little while now when someone in my English class let it "slip" that Boy had been sleeping with someone this whole time (and nope, it wasn't his on again off again ex-girlfriend either). In my book, that information was grounds for immediate break-up. I confronted him immediately (Boy was in my English class too), he admitted it was true and I told him pretty much I wasn't going to prom with him and that I never wanted to speak to him again. I was crushed. I really had liked Boy and could not believe he was so untrustworthy.
Well, Boy called me EVERY NIGHT for two weeks! I refused to answer the phone or talk to him at school (yeah, sitting by him in class was suddenly awkward!). One night though I answered the phone (in the days before caller ID) thinking it was my best friend but it was Boy. He somehow managed in that conversation to talk me into going with him again.
So, with that seriously horrible, uncomfortable background in place here is how the date went down: he was really late picking me up because he got a speeding ticket on his way to my house, he had gotten me the wrong kind of corsage, and he had told me he wanted to be a chef but the meal he cooked for me was the first one he had ever made and it was seriously lacking in skill. At the actual prom, the girl he should have taken was there and made dagger eyes at me the whole time.( I was so ready to throw him at her if she wanted him so bad!!) Plus, after awkwardly hanging out at the lame prom Boy had failed to plan anything fun to do afterwards. You would have thought with all the effort he went to get me to go with him he would have done a better job with the date.
After that night, I was done with Boy. During the summer when he tried to date me again, I said No and stuck to it. Boy is now just a Facebook friend. LoL.
Ok, now go link up at Glamazon's and play along, I know you've got a story to top mine :)

4 comments:
awesome date Erin! I am going to check your FB friends for BOY!
Ugh!! high school dances are so obnoxious! So glad we don't have to do them anymore!
hahaha i forgot about your horrible prom experience!! to his credit, boy was pretty good looking, esp compared to the other boys in your class.
Wow! Aren't you glad you reconnected with him on facebook?
Post a Comment