Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ode to All the Blogs I Never Write

If I had a "drafts" section in my head you could peek at, you'd see that it was full. I write so many blogs in my mind that never make it onto the computer it's sad. Oh, there's no one reason I can blame, sometimes I think of the best blogs while drying my hair (I don't know why the bathroom is so inspirational for me, but it seriously is where I think up most of my ideas!) then forget them as soon as I turn the blowdryer off. Other times, what I think of as highly entertaining just doesn't sound as good typed out as it did in my head, and many times I talk myself out of writing on a particular subject because I'm afraid it will be too controversial or reveal too much about me or even just sound too mundane. I've always had this problem though, it did not start with blog writing. In school, writing papers was the bane of my existence. I could do the research all right, I would always gather about 100 times more info then needed, but it was sitting down, sorting out my thoughts and quotes and what nots and putting things just so that would just about kill me. Ugh. Just thinking back on it now is making me break out into a cold sweat. But blog writing is supposed to be fun, right? And it's the closest thing to a journal I've got. I really should just write what I feel and to heck with my desire for it to be organized perfectly. Maybe I'll just have to set a goal for myself, to write like a blog a week and just hit "publish post" despite any misgivings. Hmm, taking pride in my thoughts, now there's an idea...

3 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Don't be afraid. Just do it. And I get great ideas drying my hair too. Maybe the dryer blows out all the good ideas.

Kathleen said...

I do that all the time. Sometimes it will seem like I have a ton of ideas in my head, but then when I sit down to write I can't think of a single thing to write about. I have a nice collection of drafts I'll never finish.

Sass said...

That is SO ME! I spend way too much time thinking about a blog post, that never happens!! HA HA
I also spend WAY too much time thinking about what my FB status should be too!!