Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Day In the Life Of...

I woke up this morning at 5am to go to the temple. Actually, I jogged there to get in my morning run at the same time (Just wear a skort ok?) While jogging to the temple, I prayed for my neighbor with the swine flu, my sister who was just made relief society president and my cousin's baby who is constipated. On my way home from the temple, I stopped at Macey's to buy donuts to drop off to a friend in need who has been depressed all week (I think she may just be in the middle of reading New Moon though).
Before the kids got up I took a shower, cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry and washed down all the walls in my living room. Once they kids were up I made them a gourmet breakfast and cleaned the kitchen again. Then I bathed my 3 children, helped my oldest with his homework and we all read scriptures together and prayed. Afterwards I took everyone on a cultural field trip to the West Jordan museum where we could learn about our pioneer heritage. Then it was time to go back home where I prepared a healthy meal of homemade mac and cheese, carrot sticks and pineapple which my children eagerly gobbled up.
Time for the oldest to go off to school, lay the middle child down for a nap, clean the kitchen and get some aerobic exercise in while playing classical music for the youngest so his brain can grow. Once everyone was back together we had singing and story time and a quick gospel lesson. I sat all the children down to color while I prepared salmon on a wooden plank for dinner and some lasagna for another friend in need down the road. The hubby came home and after dinner we all played Scrabble and went on a bike ride (but not before I cleaned the kitchen again). Finally it was time for bed, all the kids were asleep by 7:30pm which left my hubby and I the rest of the night to stare into each other's eyes and share our deep, most innermost thoughts with each other. Then I said my prayers and got 8 hours of sleep.

*Disclaimer: The events depicted in this day are not typical and may not have happened at all. In fact, they may be a complete lie (except for how many times the kitchen needed to be cleaned), so the next time you are jogging to the temple at 5am you may need to pray for the author of this blog entry. Thank you.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You crack me up.

Jenn said...

phew girl, you sure are busy LOL
next time you make salmon on a wooden plank for dinner, you better invite me over! and please keep the prayers coming, i need all i can get. honestly tho, i'm so glad you aren't like this imaginary self you just described. i love you just the way you are!

Amy said...

This must be why I didn't see you at church...you are now dead from over-doing it! Did your sister seriously get that calling though? Yuck!

robin said...

my first thought was, "why's she going to the temple when she just had a baby?" geez, made me feel like a chump.

but then i realized it was all in jest and had a very heartfelt giggle. thanks erin!

The Conductor said...

Seriously, though, Erin? I can see you doing this stuff. Maybe even all in one day! Though I would certainly be exhausted and a little envious just watching it all. I'm sure you do all these things at some time or another (maybe even the salmon?) so let me take this opportunity to say YOU RULE! (Even if cleaning the kitchen is all that got done today!)