Ok, so only my friend Melissa actually requested I write another blog, but it's still flattering to have at least one fan :) I thought about blogging about how having 3 kids is kicking my butt, but my friend Sherry, just wrote a blog about how having FOUR kids is kicking her butt, so I would just sound lame next to that. I also could maybe blog about how to function on an hour and a half of sleep at a time, but that's just depressing. So too would be blogging about the "joys" of once again having an acid reflux baby. Thus, we come to the only topic there is left to blog about in my life right now: random thoughts concerning how what you don't know about now will kill you later. I seem to have these late night/early morning panic attacks while nursing where everything seems immediate and dire. Like, once morning finally comes I MUST do something about "it". And "it" varies considerably. For one thing, I've noticed every time I have a kid, I go through the same somewhat agonizing decision of whether to immunize my kids. I'll make up my mind, then right before their appointment I'll read or find something to change my mind. This happened once again. Owen has his 2 month check up next week and I recently read an article that stated giving newborn boys the Heb B vaccine tripled their chances of having autism. I talked to my doctor about this, he's a nonjudgemental man and I trust him. He's also very in favor of vaccines, saying he's never seen a problem develop from getting one, only complications from not getting them. We had an open conversation that I think sort of got him fired up in the end, but honestly, I'm on the fence when it comes to immunizations, so I can't argue passionately about it either way. But all this search for the truth stuff got me to thinking how one day something that seemed perfectly harmless becomes a deadly killer the next. For example, cooking on nonstick pans. One day you are cooking some pork chops in them and then the next day you find out that "harmless" coating is going to give you cancer. Or, you shower with your nice plastic shower curtain for years only to find out it's been emitting lovely toxic fumes onto you every morning (so of course you run to walmart to find the "non-toxic" kind and yeah, they don't carry them). Anyways, so every time that 4am feeding rolls around, I get these kinds of thoughts and feel this sense of urgency about whatever and then when morning comes, I'm like, huh, I really hope I get a shower today becomes the more pressing thought.
So, that's all from the paranoid mind of Erin right now. I will post pics of Owen soon (and by soon Melissa S. I mean within the next 2 months hahahaha!!)
14 years ago

4 comments:
Oh Erin! I love you! I love that you are so real and write about it so matter of factly. I'm one of those immunization confused moms too. Just to show you how much so - Lily is totally up to date, yet Claire hasn't had a single one since 2 months old! I can't even be consistant from one kid to the next. Didn't know about the shower curtain thing, so thanks 'cause I needed one more thing to worry about.
I'll try to be patient about the baby pictures...but I have been wondering.
hehe it's about time you got back to blogging! muhahahaha
Hey, it's good to know someone reads my blog! Erin, you are awesome! I really am going to make it by to see you guys one of these days.... I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one who has middle of the night panic attacks. Isn't it awful, because all you want to do is sleep. :-)
Erin, YOU ARE DOING AWESOME. Awesomely? Awesome, anyway. You just hang in there, girl -- you will be surprised how well you juggle 3 kids after a while. (Wish I could tell ya how long "a while" takes, but that would sure make life boring and predictable.) In the meantime, you sure know how to entertain. I love reading your thoughts.
We love you! Go, Go Erin! Go, Go Erin! There are masses of silent cheerleaders you just can't see because they either don't leave comments here or they don't even know you have a blog, but they interact with you in real life and want to cheer you on each time they see you. Keep it up! Your boys are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment