Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bad Kitchen

I've always had a love/hate relationship with my kitchen. I love having a kitchen, but I hate cleaning it. Plus, it's a needy little thing. Lately, no matter how much time I spend with it--putting dishes away, wiping its counters, going through its piles, it's never enough! It always is there, demanding more of my time, flaunting it's inability to stay clean in my face. It's just a rude, bad kitchen nowadays. I think we need some time apart. Or maybe some counseling. It'd go something like this:

Kitchen: I'd stay clean if only SHE wasn't such a slob!
Me: Oh yeah? who's the one that for years would go to bed late just so I could make sure you were clean before I got any rest?
Kitchen: Well, then where is the love NOW?
Me: ok, ok, I've been tired lately and a bit behind on the cleaning, but I always pay attention to you first. Doesn't that mean anything to you?
Kitchen: I swear you are cheating on me with the dining room. I notice how often you clean those new placemats.
Me: Sigh. Seriously, can't we go back to the way things were? Where I'd clean you and you'd actually look clean and stay clean for longer than 30 min?
Kitchen: Those days are gone now dear, you might as well face the facts and just deal with the new me.

Ok, so it'd be a lame counseling session, but it feels good to vent. Here's some pics to show you all how my kitchen typically looks nowadays. Look at them and weep for me!!!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

i RARELY ever see your kitchen look like that and I'm over a LOT! LOL I definitely think you could use some time apart tho hehe so, Hey Steve--you need to take your wife out to dinner every night this week just so the kitchen sink stays clean. did i help?

mintifresh said...

Classic! I think your kitchen and my kitchen are plotting against us together!

Krista S said...

I feel your pain! It doesn't matter how much I clean mine, there is ALWAYS something to be done in the kitchen. Good luck!

Kathleen said...

I feel like I spend the entire day cleaning the kitchen, as soon as I'm done cleaning up breakfast, it's lunch time and after lunch is snack and then dinner prep and dinner. It's a never-ending cycle! I do much better job cleaning it if I have a good book to listen to, but some days even that isn't enough.

Melissa said...

I am with you! I also feel like my kitchen is so TINY, there is nowhere to put anything. And then as soon as you're done, someone is hungry and you have to mess it all up again. bad, bad kitchen.

The Conductor said...

I LOVE the fact you just took pictures of your kitchen and posted them on your blog. I mean, the fact you took pictures of your messy kitchen. Seriously, Erin, I'm thinkin' it doesn't look THAT bad... (That's me, admitting how awful my kitchen is these days. I should take pictures for you sometime. But I won't.)

The therapy session was a kick!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That was a cute post. I totally understand how you feel. I get sick of cleaning the kitchen because as soon as I'm done we eat another meal and all that time has been wasted!

I tagged you on my blog. Your kitchen won't know that it doesn't make you happy!

Love Birds said...

Chris and I would have to agree. you're kitchen is what ours looks like after we've cleaned it up... and I don't htink you need to worry about the relationship with you and your kitchen, I mean, as long as you keep that communication open, you'll be able to work out your differences ;)