15 years ago
Saturday, January 17, 2009
The Story of My Life Part 8: The House on Main St.
We only lived in the mobile home court for 2 years. My parents tend to get restless in the same place, so we ended up moving to the other end of town into a 100 year old brick house on Main St. It was a really great house that had a main floor that wrapped around to make a complete circle, lots of old marble fireplaces that didn't work anymore, and even wooden sliding doors you could open and close to separate rooms. The top floor had a really tiny bedroom, a medium sized bedroom and a big bedroom with a walk-in closet that had a window in it! Can you guess which room the little princess of the family got to live in? Yep! I got the bigger room with the walk in closet with the window. Hahaha! There was also a door to the attic up there, that when opened, had the steepest set of stairs ever to climb to get to the spooky attic. We also had a seriously creepy basement that had a cystern, a coal bin, and a gigantic furnace with another set of steep, creaky wooden stairs to go down. Off the kitchen we had a utility room that off of that had an extra room with a half bathroom. The room was newer but was always freezing!! We only had one bathroom and it didn't have a shower. Yes, I only took baths for 6 years, can you imagine? We also didn't have a dishwasher. Sigh. But, we had the best yard! It had an iron trellis or two, a wooden shed, patches of grass divided by cemented borders which my dad quickly turned into gardens and lots of little stone pathways all over the place. (I will dig up some pics one of these days, I promise!) Oh! And it had a wraparound porch! It was huge!!! I really liked the house, and I will tell you about some of my adventures there later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember your really big closet with a window in it. I have memories of elaborate Barbie scenes that we acted out in your bedroom. I also remember the yard. Didn't a car drive into your porch once and you were in the bath at the time? I'm sure that's one of the stories you're going to tell later.
Post a Comment