Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I'm the Boss!"

Evan yelled at me the other morning from across the kitchen table "I'm the boss and you're not!" Great, I sighed to myself thinking our day was already off to a sour start. Evan then proceeded to stand up in his chair, give me his most defiant look and just in general try to lord over me, giving an even further sinking feeling to my stomach. But then, I thought, heck, why not kid? Why don't you just be the boss already? You practically rule our house anyways! So, then, I looked at him and said, "yep, Evan, you're right, you are the boss, so let me tell you about your duties." I then started to tell him all that he needed to do as "the boss", starting from everything I do from the moment the kids get up. I told him how, as the boss, he was in charge of getting him and his brother breakfast, oh, and breakfast for me for the matter. This was getting fun, so I told him I wanted waffles on Monday, cereal on Tuesday ect. Of course, then I had to tell him how he had to put the dishes away in the morning and change Justin's butt and on and on. Finally, he stops me and says "But I don't know how to do all of those things!" To which I replied "Oh, that's too bad, because, as the boss, you're going to have to learn because the boss is in charge of everything, right?" He starts thinking about it again, we talk about how I'm willing to teach him all that stuff so he can be a proper boss, and then finally he sighs and says "That's ok Mom, you can be the boss, I don't want to have to do all of that stuff." Ahh, the morning was starting to look up again...however, now I did have to go do all of that stuff I had just described to him...oh well! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

5 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

funny!

mintifresh said...

That was genius! I am going to say that next time one of my kids say that! Genius!! Sorry you still had to do all that stuff, too bad he didn't take you up on it!

Amy said...

That's awesome Erin. I am going to have to try that with my kids. Might as well give in on occasion and see if they really like it, right?

Jenn said...

Adam and I laughed and laughed and laughed at this post! I can just picture Evan as he is rethinking his plan. What a great comeback Erin!!!

The Conductor said...

I love it. Erin, that's classic. I was about to comment about your fun card/photo we got in the mail, but I'm remembering back to a post you once did on how people leave random comments on a blog thread instead of emailing you separately about something. So maybe I'll eventually get around to emailing you to tell you how much I loved your funny picture (and to thank you for the non-squished cookie, too)... Or maybe I'll just put it all in a comment on an unrelated blog post. Sorry about that! But not really! Hope you had a fantastic Christmas, Erin!

~Amy