I think it's kind of fun to look back and see how our interests have changed over time. Some things my family liked a few years ago they still like today, but I thought I would take a moment to document what we are all "into" right now.
ME:
1. Getting haircuts. I used to get my haircut once a year and called it good. Now, I've decided I care again. Also, I absolutely loathe plucking my eyebrows. WAY too much work considering mine fully grown would put Brooke Shield's to shame. So, no matter how poor we are I still pay someone to do the plucking for me.
2. Reading. Reading. And more reading. Life doesn't feel complete if I'm not reading a good book.
3. Gardening. It's so much easier this year to do since I'm not pregnant. Plus, taking Evan outside before bedtime to kill time with some weeding reminds me of all the evenings I spent outside with my Dad gardening growing up.
Steve:
1. Video Games. This one will NEVER change. and i'm ok with that. The older he gets, the more of a collector than a player he is anyways.
2. Work. he's a workaholic. something I never would have imagined a few years ago!
3. Books. Once again, he collects them more than he reads them, but lately he's been plowing through some pretty lengthy ones (world without end--over 1000 pages!!) and i've been impressed.
Evan:
1. Pipes. Some parents can't get out of a store without buying their kids a toy. I can't leave Lowe's without buying Evan a pipe. Does anyone know a plumber who could use a 4 year old apprentice??
2. Pill Bugs. I suppose every boy has a bug phase and at least it's not a gross bug he's interested in. We talk about pill bugs so much now that we got a book exclusively about pill bugs at the library b/c i got tired of making stuff up about the lives of pill bugs! lol! if anyone needs any advice on building a bug habitat, just let us know :)
3. Avatar: The Last Airbender. Luckily, I love this Nick cartoon a lot too. Evan's even got a crush on Ty-Lee. However, some of the themes are a bit above and beyond a 4 year old's understanding so I get to explain A LOT. Like, what does surrender mean and why is zuko mean?
Justin:
1. His Binky. Enough said.
2. Water. This kid could splash for hours, and does if I let him!
3. "Baby Crackers" aka puffs. Mandatory first finger food for babies. He's gotten the hang of eating them and can now consume his weight in them every day if i'd let him. lol.
15 years ago

2 comments:
This was really fun to read. Funny thing... the first and last time I had my eyebrows plucked was with you in Old Town Salinas, and I remember having a conversation with you about donuts. Was that before Evan was born? Wasn't there a bakery next door? After I have a handle on my new schedule (should Aurora finally come), we should have a girls' day out one Saturday... an eyebrow wax and a donut run... my treat.
sounds good to me! it's a date :)
Post a Comment