1.Whole Grain Banana Pecan Muffins
2. Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
I followed some of the substitution recommendations in the comments and so will probably continue to play around with the recipe. But I substituted applesauce for oil and only did 1/2 cup of honey. These have no sugar sugar and sweet potatoes go really well in baked goods. Who knew?3. Jen's Zucchini Bread

4. Cheesy Corn Fritters
I actually bought a book called "Healthy Meals for Babies and Toddlers" that this recipe is from and Owen loves these, but the other kids--not so much. I'm sure I could doctor them up for the other kids, but I like just the general idea of adding different veggies and/or fruits to pancakes.
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canned corn kernels or frozen corn
4 TBSP grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp snipped fresh chives
2 tsp sunflower oil for pan-frying
Put the egg and milk into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until smooth. Stir in the corn, cheese, and chives. Heat a little sunflower oil in a skillet and drop either teaspoonfuls or tablespoonfuls of the batter into it. Cook for 1-2 min. on each side, until the fritters are puffed up and golden. Drain on paper towels and serve.
5. Scrambled Egg Taquitos
Owen cannot get enough of scrambled eggs, they are a favorite right now. So I like to make these because the whole family loves them and Owen gets veggies and herbs in his scrambled eggs (I pretty much just give him the filling).

Do any of you have recipes for fruits and/or veggies that are on the healthier side that have been a hit with your family? I'm always looking to expand the ol' recipe folder :)

2 comments:
Look at you go! Nice!
those banana muffins were so tasty--you can make those for me anytime :)
Post a Comment