Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Friday Confessional Strikes Again!

Thanks Glamazon for giving my venting a valid format and a specific day to share it on! Don't forget to check out Glamazon's own dirty little secrets this week. They are bits of laugh out loud genius. Now onto me...

I confess...
--I wake up anywhere from 4 to 8 times a night
--and no, I don't have insomnia, I have children
--combine a 2 year old that doesn't sleep well, with a 5 month old that sleeps with me, and my own small bladder, yep, it's a pretty bad mix
--here's a rundown from Monday night: go to bed with baby 10pm, wake up 12:30am to put baby in his bed, wake up 4:30am to make sure baby is still breathing and go pee, 5:30am wake up to nurse baby in bed, 6:30am hear 2 year old calling for me which I ignore, 7:30am wake up for good.
--and that's a good night people!
--i can totally understand why glamazon takes ambien! (or until recently took ambien!)

--i also don't let my husband go to bed before me
--i'm bitter about the fact that currently he gets to go to bed whenever he wants while i have to get the baby to sleep before i get to sleep, so if the baby ain't sleeping than nobody gets to sleep i say!
--i know it sounds cruel but he usually does not go to sleep till midnight or later,so it's not usually a big problem (though sorry for enforcing that "rule" honey when you were sick...)

5 comments:

BNM said...

LMAO!!! I wont let my hubby go to bed before me either!!

Melissa said...

I think that's an awesome rule. I want to enforce it with Ivan...but he wakes up at 5am and I get up at 7:30, so I feel sorry for the poor guy.

Your nights are awful! How are you a functioning person? I'm totally in awe. Hope it gets better sometime in the near future!

Thanks for playing!

mintifresh said...

We tend to be a little crazy when we don't get those zzzzzzz's! You're not irrational, just tired!

Unknown said...

I am on night three of "cry it out" with my 21 month old. GOOD LUCK lady!
Love the blog.

Krista said...

One word: Cough syrup! Okay, that was two, but totally worth it. I'm an "experienced" mom and sometimes my 9 year old still needs it.