Monday, July 20, 2009

My Little Guy Turns 5!

Evan opening presents

Even after the carwash fell down it was still a lot of fun apparently!

Evan and his cousin Alex, chillin'
5 seems like such a big deal. Kindergarten is just around the corner for one thing, but it's just hard to believe it's been five whole years since I had my first child. Wow. I've been a mom for 5 years now!? Some days it seems longer and other days it feel like it was just yesterday he was turning one.
Well, this year, Evan made things easy. He pretty much wanted a repeat of last year's festivities. So, that included a trip to Chuck E Cheese (which we went to on his actual b-day) and a water party inviting at least everyone who was there last year. He would have even had me make the same castle cake, if I wouldn't have reminded him that he was into Star Wars this year so Dad could made him a Star Wars cake (it ended up being a star destoyer cake. go Steve!).

We had a really nice time and a lot of kids showed up. If I wouldn't have been 8 months prego and a hundred degrees out, I probably would have been just fine. As it were, boy was I tired afterwards! But having the party on Saturday when Steve could be there was definitely a wise decision :) At any rate, I think everyone had a good time in the water and Evan seemed really happy with his party, cake and presents. Happy Birthday Sweetie!

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

Looks like a ton of fun! What a party!

Jenn said...

Erin, seriously, you amaze me!! i can't believe all the things that you do in 100 degree weather while being 8 months pregnant. even i felt hot and wilty at evan's party hehe it was fun tho--my kids had a blast. i can't believe evan will be starting kindergarten and ashlee will be in 1st grade. when did we have kids so old???