Friday, July 24, 2009

Harry "Pot"ter

My husband, sister and brother-in-law decided to go see Harry Potter last week. We saw it at the District the day after it came out, so it was a Thursday night. As we were sitting there watching the movie we noticed some strange things. The first was that even though there were a lot of little kids there (to be expected) this group of girls, from little tiny to about 7/8 years old repeatedly paraded throughout the theatre. There were probably about 8-10 of them and they would come giggling down the aisles and out the theatre. I guess they all had small bladders or something? Kind of distracting children! And then there was this strange smell. A strong smoke smell. Not cigarette smoke, or fire smoke, but something different. When the movie ended everyone looked at each other and said "who's been smoking pot??" Walking out of the theater and getting some fresh air never felt so good! And while we were waiting for Steve to get a fill up on his popcorn before leaving, a theatre worker came up to a manager and said something like "The cops are on their way and we know who is responsible" and then they both proceeded to walk towards our theater. So, I'm thinking, that the pot smoke was not in our imaginations, I guess, lucky me, at 8 months prego, I got 2 hours of lovely second hand weed. Nice, right? At least the movie was good :)

5 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Utah is the best! Probably the Bishop's daughter?

Anonymous said...

Who smokes pot at Harry Potter? Bizzare. Well, now you can check that off on your life ambition list "get a contact buzz while watching Harry Potter" :) p.s.- Did you find the ring yet?

Jenn said...

well, we were all happy and relaxed after watching the movie :) we should have put in bob marley and listened to it on the way home. what were we thinking?? lol plus, as a side bonus, maybe your baby will be nice and laid back.

mintifresh said...

Did you devour the popcorn and need more? Man, I am bummed I missed out on that "Pot'ter party!

The Conductor said...

That is one crazy story. I love your pun!