Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Ready For...

Basically, this is a complaint post. I'm feeling especially whiny and grumpy today (due to a cold, pregnancy, global warming, you name it) so I decided to make a list of things "I'm ready for" because you know, there's always something you feel you are waiting for, that if only it would happen it would make your life so much better. Alas, that's not usually the case, but here's my list anyways:
I'm Ready For...
1. Justin to start walking (hauling 23 pounds of toddler around while already hauling around extra pregnancy poundage is downright uncomfortable and soon to be undoable)
2. Evan to stop being scared of wind (Evan's new phobia in town means he will not go out if the slightest breeze is blowing and play. Case in point: yesterday--who has to drag their kid sobbing, kicking and screaming to the PARK!?)
3. My pregnant belly to be 7 months along. why you ask? because it looks that big to me and feels that big to me and makes me feel that tired...so why aren't I 7 months along then??
4. Evan to fall asleep by 8pm (I'm tired of the 7:30 to 10:30pm bedtime struggle at the end of the day. sigh.)
5. Steve to do all the housework and play with the kids nonstop while I lay around and read and drink smoothies.

Ok, that last one is truly wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling good. Late walkers are a killer on a pregnant mom. Evelyn and Sam are 20 months apart and Evelyn walked at 15 months. She only weighed about 19 lbs at that point though. I do feel your pain though.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I'm sorry you are having a whiny day. I think I am too. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Melissa said...

Oh sister, I feel you on the whole being pregnant and hauling around another kid. I think that was harder than having three kids. Pregnancy (while it is a blessing) just seems to make everyday things so much harder! Maybe it's because we can't breathe and all our internal organs are shoved up into our necks. I also hear you on the scared kid thing-if Savannah even thinks she sees a bug, she freaks...if it is windy after grocery shopping, she screams and frantically tries to hold down all of our bags, afraid they will blow away, or she will blow away. Not fun!

heather said...

Just curious have you ever looked into sensory proccessing for the wind stuff? My kids had funny reactions to things and that might be an avenue to help.

Amy said...

I just eat until it all goes away! HA! J/K Do you need your spiritual message soon? Love, Your Slacker VT

Angela said...

Holy Cow, Erin! Have you been through a lot. I guess none of us can complain!
I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant and ready for this baby to be out! If you think you feel huge....think about me out here in the 85+ weather with swollen feet and 3 young kids to chase around with braxton hicks contractions ALL the time and laundry and dinner and..and...and...
Anyways! (I didn't mean to complain too!!) I'm excited to have this baby but I always go late so it will proabably be another 3 weeks. *sigh* oh well. Such is life from this side of the states....hope your days and weeks are better!
Love ya
Angela :)

mintifresh said...

I am allll about number 6 only change 'Steve' to 'ElRey'.

The Conductor said...

I LOVE that list. I LOVE that you took a moment to complain. I LOVE that you and your harried life are so normal and relate-to-able. (There's surely a better word out there that fits what I mean, but why take time to find it when you already know what I mean? Know what I mean?)

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, I LOVE your post. I hate to say it, but I LOVE that it takes other moms 3 hours to get their kids to bed, too.

And I LOVE you, Erin! Hang in there.