Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Pregnancy: An Update

Since all of you have surely been on edge, waiting for details since my last post, well, here I am, finally getting around to giving them! First of all, I'm happy to report, in general, I am feeling better. My nausea seems to be pretty much gone and I don't feel like I'm having as many heart palpitations. Of course, I still have my good days and my bad days, and my nausea seems to have been replaced by frequent headaches (oh joy!), but it's nice to be getting into the 2nd trimester phase of things. And I got my results back from my heart monitor readings, and the good news is: the heart palpitations aren't dangerous. However, the bad news is: I'm having so many of them my OBGYN recommended I see a cardiologist to talk with him about maybe taking some beta-blockers to supress them. He did say they shouldn't get worse during my pregnancy, and most likely would disappear after I have the baby, but like most things that crop up once, could come around again later in life so he thought seeing a cardiologist for that reason as well could be a good thing. I also found out from my mom that her youngest sister has had heart palpitations most of her life. I had no idea about that so it was interesting to find out some info from her. For instance, sugar isn't supposed to trigger heart palpitations, but for her they do. And I have come to find that the same is true for me. So, I've really been trying to cut down on my chocolate, my sugar, my stress and no caffeine. Yes, life is hard! (I've turned to cheese, it's my new drug of choice now). But really, those are all things I probably should be cutting down on with this pregnancy anyways, since I don't want to gain a gazillion pounds. Well, that's pretty much it for my update. Hopefully my other annoying, weird first trimester pregnancy things will also go away as well (acne, itchiness, ect) so I can enjoy the 2nd trimester in peace. Then try to survive the 3rd trimester as more things crop up...oh well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better Erin. We are so excited to have another little baby cousin to love on.

Sass said...

you gotta love how you trade one thing for another, like...nausea for acne and then acne for heartburn and then heartburn to I can't breath at ALL! Good thing these little bundles of joy are so CUTE!

The Conductor said...

Erin,

I am a little late getting here (forgive me!) but CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy of baby #3! If it helps, just know that child #3 is always the best, most calm, mellow, happy child of them all. (Yes I was the third in my family...but I've found this to be true among many people I talk to who have 3+ children!)

Glad to hear your heart palpitations aren't a major concern, but hopefully they'll disappear completely because even minor concerns are concerning. You know? I will pray for a nice, normal, healthy pregnancy for you and your little girl. UH, your little baby. (How soon is the ultrasound??)