I love how conversations with small children can take unexpected turns. For example, last Sunday during the passing of the bread and water during sacrament, I had a talk with my 3 year old that went something like this:
Justin: Mom! This is some yummy bread!
Me: Yes, we eat the bread in order to think about Jesus
Justin: (sounding really excited) Jesus likes to eat yummy bread too!?
Me: um, sure sweetie...(not quite the connection I was trying to make, but ok...)
(a minute later)
Justin: Mom, draw Jesus!
Me: ok
(I draw Jesus on a piece of paper for him)
Justin: Look! Jesus is exploding! (as he scribbles all over the picture I had just drawn)
Now you can't see Jesus because he is all exploded! (as he points proudly to a now big black scribbled blob)
Hmm, so does this count as thinking about Jesus during the sacrament? I'd say we're moving in the right direction :) Maybe....
14 years ago

1 comment:
It's a start, right? Your story made me smile. Thanks.
Post a Comment