Friday, January 21, 2011

Virus Attacks!

This is not your average cold or stomach flu, oh no, this Virus means business! It means to infect at least half your family and stay for a week and cause as much pain and misery as possible. Yes, meet my houseguest for the last week, the Virus. Beware, this post contains graphic stories of pain and puking...
A week ago today, last Friday, I woke up not feeling so good, but then I felt a little better and managed to get through my day, at least until the evening when I went to IKEA. That trip was pure excruciating torture. Even once we got home, I was still thinking all this back and stomach pain was caused by something I did! I thought I had hurt my back and it was giving me a stomach ache too. I took some medicine, pain just kept getting worse. I didn't get to sleep that night till 4am I was in so much pain and I just wanted to puke and get it over with. No dice.
To make a long story short, I didn't finally put two and two together that I had the Virus until Sunday. By then, Evan was sick too with the same stomach pain that had been plaguing me. Finally, by Tuesday, I could get around and Steve was relieved of some of his Mr. Mom duties. I didn't dare eat anything but yogurt, the only thing that didn't give me lots of stomach pain. Good thing I felt a little better Tuesday because that evening Owen came down with the Virus. Only, this time, the puke showed up. Poor baby, he puked and puked and puked.
Now, this Virus was sneaky. You'd pass a miserable night in pain to wake up feeling like you might be better, go through your day reasonably well, only to be attacked by awful pain and/or puking by the evening thus leading to another night of awful, miserable pain. So by Wednesday night, I have a miserable puking baby, Evan with a stomach ache and me with my horrible back/stomach pain praying Steve would cut short his Young Men's activity and come rescue me (he did).
Thursday Owen had it the worst, more puking and misery for him :( My normally busy baby was reduced to lethargy, just laying on my lap till the next puking session began, it was soooo sad!!
Seven days people, seven days! Before I had a day without pain. I thought I would pass out from not eating, or just give up from the pain that eating seemed to cause. Evan is on day 6 now, he finally went back to school today. Owen is on day 4, I expect more puking from him for the next day or two. Then, I hope the Virus is satisfied to leave us alone for a couple of months!!

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

That sounds awful, Erin! I'm glad you all are on the tail end! I hope no one else comes down with it!

Jenn said...

I think Owen was about the saddest thing I had ever seen--that poor, poor baby!! It was so nice to see him up and moving around today.