Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Confessional--Going for the Gold

Glamazon is back and is yet again inviting us to give TMI! And seriously, you know I love to do just that. I mean, if you can't tell that my blog is almost entirely made up of these confessionals, well then, you haven't been reading my blog enough. So welcome back to the inner recesses of my crazy mind. Hey, I warned ya.

I confess...

There are certain small, perhaps menial, tasks that I do every day that I secretly think I deserve some credit for.
As in, I'm waiting for someone to run into my house and place a medal around my neck, so, yeah, nothing fancy. I'd also take a pat on the back though, for the record. What kind of tasks you might ask have I been dying to receive such accolades for? Well let me tell ya! I've even made them in easy to read list form for your reading pleasure.
1. Emptying the dryer lint thingy AND throwing it away immediately instead of letting it accumulate into a giant lint hairball on top of the dryer.
2. After taking out the trash, putting another liner in the trash can.
3. Doing the laundry PERIOD. My least favorite household chore. I feel like once that last pile of clothes is shoved in a drawer I should hear some applause.
4. Always walking the poopy diapers immediately out to the trash can outside so our house doesn't have a pile of nasties by the door. (this is like 5 trips a day people!!)
5. Drying by hand any dishes that come out of the dishwasher soaked instead of piling them by the sink to air dry and put away 10 days later.
6. Attempting to make sure my kids' clothes match every day.
7. Making it through the grocery shopping trip without my 2 little ones who are with me throwing a tantrum.
8. For once, winterizing the backyard garden this year. (ok, it's not an every day thing, but I'm pretty proud I got this done)
9. Getting up and getting ready before the kids are awake (this is MOST mornings, but not every morning)
10. Not going postal during breakfast when each kid wants a different made to order breakfast and then doesn't like/eat what I make.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm applauding you! can you hear it? I'm amazed that you hand dry all dishes...mine often get put in the cupboard only after a good shake. oh, and the diapers to the outside trash. I too know what a feat that is.

Debbie said...

Okay, you win super-mom of the year award. If I HAD a medal to give you it would be on it's way to you :)
You rock. Have a good weekend.

Jen said...

I'm SO with you! Especially the laundry. I HATE it! I can was and dry it, no prob. It's the folding and putting away I cant stand.

And you wake up BEFORE your kids? You're my hero.