He was a hardcore runner, I was a hardcore shopper. He had the looks of a movie star, I didn't even bother to look in the mirror before I left the house. He had water bottles strapped in around his waste, I had a pack of gum to bribe the kiddos with. But we both meant business.
I first passed hottie runner man on my way to Walmart this morning. I was in for a small marathon of shopping with two small children. My normally organized shopping list was a mess and I knew I was in for more than I wanted to spend, but I was determined to get through Walmart and then Reams in the name of food and diapers to get us through another week. An hour later, I stopped home quickly to unload perishables before heading to Reams. Ironically, as we were passing the donut shop, I saw hottie runner man AGAIN. He was even running at the same pace I first saw him. That's when I knew we may be vastly different, but have the same stores of endurance, cause if you've ever gone anywhere with 2 small children for more than a half an hour, you know the kind of risk you are taking. You've got to be committed! So we were both in for our own tests of endurance. I only hope we both made it home alive. Well, at least I know I'm happily eating some chips and dip right now :)
15 years ago

3 comments:
I'd totally give you the gold medal!
Your's is harder than 'hottie's'. hahaha Nicely written!
Yet to be determined: I need a picture of 'hottie'. :)
Post a Comment